Post & core / CLP/ crown or implant . Pls opine

Home Forums Endodontics & conservative dentistry Post & core / CLP/ crown or implant . Pls opine

Post & Core / CLP / Crown or Implant

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Post & core / CLP / crown
  • Extraction & Implant

Welcome Dear Guest

To create a new topic please register on the forums. For help contact : discussdentistry@hotmail.com

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
  • This topic has Query prefix assigned
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dear all ,

Male Patient .  Age 67 years No relevant medical history     Tooth :- LR 2nd premolar. ( Pls see images below )

Endo & post & core was done many years ago. The crown & the post came out.

Now should I

1) Redo the post & core & crown with CLP  if yes, should I use a metal post or a fiberglass post

2) Extraction & Implants

Please vote . Hope to see a lot of responses & many thanks in advance for the same.

Regards,

Dr. Veerendra Darakh

cropped

Main

For one to one consultations on dental practice growth and practice management please contact : todaysmedicalmarketing@gmail.com

• This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by site_admin.

A Dilemma….

I will reserve my vote on the above poll.  I entirely agree with people who have voted for post and core. It will be prudent and conservative and economical for the patient .Need to know the amount of tooth structure and it’s health. Ferrule effect if not present could it be done. Check the periapical for any pathology, if things are favourable then be conservative and place post and build up the core.  One needs to check the longevity of the procedure that is being done. 

An opportunity to own a state of the art dental practice with a very smooth transition HAND HOLDING for one to two years. Friendly working environment

1 user thanked author for this post.

Thank you very much.

Yes. This is a difficult decision.I will have to make 2mm ferrule.

For one to one consultations on dental practice growth and practice management please contact : todaysmedicalmarketing@gmail.com

Another case walked in . Patient is a 65 year old male. What best can be done ?

Khalid KhanFor uploading

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.